EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The Director of Product Management – Clinical Workflows (EHR & API Integrations) will collaborate closely with customers, sales, marketing, customer success, and the wider product organization to ensure Clinical Decisions’ solutions are able to seamlessly integrate within health care systems. They will need to apply current and emerging standards to meet business objectives and to enable customer success in providing evidence-based information to the care team for improved outcomes. This includes identification of functional requirements and improvements based on market and sales feedback. They will also manage the relationships with external partners that impact areas of responsibility.
- Inspire and lead EHR and clinical workflow integration capability development across flagship clinical products (DynaMed + Micromedex with Watson, DynaMed, DynaMed Decisions, Dynamic Health) to improve our ability to sell, implement, and, ultimately, provide the most useful information to clinicians within their workflow for customer success.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to internal teams developing EHR integration software, systems, and procedures to ensure that all product developments meet the needs of our customers. Sets priorities and allocates resources to align with business objectives.
- Be the voice of the customer and user leveraging the Pragmatic Framework to identify, understand, and prioritize unmet pain points and problems to solve.
- Works as epic and capability owner in a SAFe development environment and is responsible for product-centric projects and features from business case through go-to-market.
- Monitors performance and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions.
- Provides timely and accurate information and status updates to functional leaders.
- Support VP of Business Development and Customer Success and team in developing a customer-centric approach from the initial sale, to onboarding and expanding adoption, to retention and renewal, to brand advocacy.
- Ensure organizational alignment on end-to-end EHR and workflow integration service:
- Provide training across sales, clinical solutions, and marketing teams on new and existing integrations.
- Collaborate with marketing to optimally position the EHR service for customers and evaluators; show how Clinical Decisions’ products help customers improve outcomes.
- Partner across teams and departments to measure, analyze, and communicate KPIs for workflow integration methods and product and customer success.
- Identifies and solves complex operational and organizational problems that have significant impact across the organization (not just within their function/team).
- Assesses market competition through comparison of competitive products. Functions as knowledge expert on competitive products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Assists sales via telephone calls and visits to customer sites as well as developing sales tools & providing product support to medical marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in product management or product marketing; Pragmatic Institute familiarity a plus
- 5+ years of experience with software development lifecycle methodologies, such as SAFe or Agile
- Experience in health care IT industry, preferably direct experience with Epic, Cerner, Allscripts, or another EHR system
- Understanding of US health care system, including care team roles, responsibilities, and workflows, and information privacy
- Experience with clinical workflow integrations including SMART on FHIR, SMART APIs, and HL7 Infobutton
- Experience with customer research approaches and methodologies; demonstrable involvement in 2 minor and 1 major (> 6 participants) customer research initiatives
- Proficiency with SDLC software (e.g. Rally, Microsoft TFS, Jira, etc.)
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills and evidence-based decision-making process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to help others understand new contexts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by 2+ years of experience developing and delivering dynamic presentations
- Ability to manage and lead initiatives engaging cross-functional teams from proof-of-concept through scaled solutions
- Familiarity with clinical coding systems including ICD, SNOMED, LOINC, RxNorm and related information architecture
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
View EEO PDF