EBSCO Industries, Inc. (EBSCO), headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, is one of the largest privately held and family-owned companies in the United States. EBSCO was founded in 1944 by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has grown and evolved over time into a holding company with a global portfolio comprised of dozens of entities in over 15 separate industries/markets, including Information services, outdoor products, real estate, manufacturing and distribution, and insurance services. We provide valuable support services to our subsidiaries to support their growth. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer, with a expert level experience in networking to manage and maintain our EBSCO’s enterprise network with our largest business unit. As a senior network engineer, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring junior network engineering staff and handling advanced support issues. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the functional management of our network, network centered move/add/changes, the delegation of tasks, and the resolution of network issues.
To ensure success as a senior network engineer, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise networks, high-level managerial skills, and advanced project management skills. A Top-class Senior Network Engineer ensures the networking team performs as a cohesive unit, maintaining the stability and performance of the network.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities:
• Collaborating with network architects to design and implement functional company networks.
• Installing and configuring networking hardware.
• Working with security engineers in creating and implementing network security measures.
• Conducting regular network performance tests.
• Coordinating network engineering task at EBSCO’s Ipswich, MA campus.
• Dealing with escalated network support issues.
• Drawing up network status reports.
• Reports to the Senior Manager of IT Engineering.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field. Equivalent experience may substitute for educational requirement.
• 8 + years’ experience as a networking engineer.
• 8+ years’ experience with network operating systems and technologies including Cisco, Checkpoint Firewalls, and IOS and wireless networks.
• 8+ years’ experience with networking hardware including CPUs, wiring, and routers.
• Advanced knowledge with communication and routing protocols.
• Familiarity with network analysis tools including SolarWinds, LogicMonitor or similar.
• Proficiency with coding languages including Python and Perl.
• Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
• High level problem-solving and communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.Ipswich, MA