EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 2,700 people worldwide, most now working hybrid or remotely. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and outstanding team. EIS is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. Our mission is to transform lives by providing relevant and reliable information when, where, and how people need it. We are looking for bright and creative individuals whose unique differences will allow us to achieve this inclusive mission around the world.
We are looking for a seasoned technologist in our Platform Architecture Practice for Cloud Enablement. As a member of the Cloud Business Office, you will help drive our strategy on a variety of topics related to AWS public cloud adoption and operational success. This includes infrastructure management, implicit and frictionless governance capabilities, platform services, and technology selection within AWS and related partners. Platform Architects serve as an architectural coach across multiple teams to ensure teams succeed in leveraging the underlying platform architecture.
Platform Architects are Lean-Agile leaders who work across the organization, partnering with development teams, enterprise and system architects, product management, and leadership to help drive architectural alignment in support of EBSCO’s cloud-first mission. They are focused on both near-term support on tactical challenges, and evaluations in support of building architectural runway for the platform’s roadmap.
· Evaluate technology choices supported by proof-of-concept exercises to make impactful decisions about systems and security — their edge cases, failure modes, and lifecycles.
· Partner with engineering teams, product managers and the community of architects to identify patterns and platform enablers across the organization.
· Develop architectures for EBSCO’s cloud platforms that meet the needs of our business initiatives and help inform/influence the platform evolution roadmaps.
· Drive alignment on the organization’s long-range plans and support the migration between architectures.
· Engage with the internal development community to guide, inform, and influence the architectural alignment of our cloud technology platform.
· Effectively communicate our infrastructure strategy, benefits of technology and platform capabilities to business partners, stakeholders, and senior management.
· Participate in and contribute to architecture design reviews and CoPs.
· Promote a culture of feedback loops, trust, and partnership with our internal community.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field of study.
· 8+ years of software engineering experience in production environments, with distributed applications.
· 4+ years of experience architecting/developing/maintaining cloud solutions in virtualized environments.
· Advanced knowledge of the AWS services, with 3+ years’ experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS.
· Deep understanding of cloud native design, and containerized technologies. AWS certifications a plus.
· Strong hands-on experience with Terraform/ CloudFormation to manage infrastructure-as-code.
· Can write high-quality code in a programming language (e.g. Java, Python, Ruby) that addresses real-world engineering problems.
· A sense of urgency, and a strong bias for action.
· Strong communication skills and a natural inclination to collaborate.
· Knowledge of one or more project management technologies (Rally, Jira, etc.).
· Experience leading strong personalities by influence.
· Experience with web-based tools for collaboration and communication.
· Exhibits sound judgement and is able to make wise decisions despite ambiguity, identifies root causes and gets beyond treating symptoms.
Important things that you will bring to our culture, but things that we can’t teach
Drive - Positive Attitude - Good Judgement - Open Communication – Collaboration – A Desire to Make an Impact - Eager
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly-hired EIS employees in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by their date of hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.Birmingham, AL