EBSCO International is the international operations group of EBSCO Information Services (EIS). EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, Massachusetts, USA, EIS employs more than 2,700 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and outstanding team. EIS is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. Our mission is to transform lives by providing relevant and reliable information when, where, and how people need it. We are looking for bright and creative individuals whose unique differences will allow us to achieve this inclusive mission around the world.
The Account Executive’s (AE) primary duty is the management of EBSCO's customers. The AE is directly responsible securing the renewal of all existing subscriptions as well as selling upgrades and additional products. The Account Executive is also responsible for identifying opportunities and generating new sales of EBSCO products in the assigned territory of Southeat/South - Brazil. The position will be based in Rio de Janeiro – Brazil.
- Perform an average of 12 phone calls per day with the purpose of generating new sales of EBSCO products or renewing existing customers
- Perform a minimum of 3 phone calls per day to new prospects (cold calls).
- Record daily performed activities (phone calls, tasks, emails, trial creation, closed sales) in CRM, the minimum number of expected non-phone tasks per day is 10
- Coordinate with the Regional Sales Manager on a daily basis.
- Actively consult with our library partners to ensure their patron needs are being met through the acquisition of online reference databases. Work with customers on a very individualized basis, using own judgment and discretion to decide best course of action for every situation.
- Participate in the creation of new or modify existing legal offers and contracts with customers
- Participate in the pricing and planning of official offers: an understanding of the pricing system and the ability to customize it on a per case basis is essential
- Participate in the training of customers on EBSCOhost and EBSCOadmin through online demos
- All functions designed and/or required to achieve sales quota(s) including preparing quotes, forwarding literature, administrative data entry and set and follow up on trials
- Respond to ALL leads forwarded from the marketing department, within (5) business days
- Enter orders and act as a liaison for billing, accounts payable between OE, ESS and customer
- Update customer information in CRM including but not limited to subscription information, quotes sent, LSD quotes as sent by publishers, contact information, account designations and any other relevant information
- Troubleshoot customer issues, respond to technical questions from customers or forward appropriate questions, problems, issues to Technical Support
- Handle all the aspects of new account set up and maintenance: create new user ids and passwords, create new profiles and user groups, add branding to accounts, IP authenticate accounts, customize trials create URLs and set up statistical reports
- Responsible for the adjustment of subscriptions, either to extend or stop service of the product for various reasons: must create plan for each case and establish reasons for actions taken
- Coordinate with EBSCO Information Services Regional Offices and Regional Sales Managers
- Achieve an expert level of EBSCO product knowledge and a working knowledge of the competition
- Complete all assignments requested by Sales Management
- Bachelor degree preferred in a business field, communications or education or substantial relevant work experience in field.
- Experience writing proposals, contracts, formal documents in English
- Able to speak, read and write fluently in English is required
- 2 years working experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
- 2+ years experience selling in the field or by telephone preferred.
- Retail experience does not apply.