Instructor – Department of Biomedical Sciences
The University of South Alabama Department of Biomedical Sciences invites applications for a non- tenure track, 12-month appointment, full-time Instructor position.
Candidates for this position will be expected to demonstrate competency in teaching undergraduate students in both lecture and laboratory courses in biochemistry, physiology, and biotechnology. The successful candidate will possess experience in the areas of course development, use of different instructional approaches (e.g., problem-based learning, CURES, etc), and the ability to effectively interact with undergraduate students. Essential responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating laboratory instruction and usage of laboratory facilities
• Organizing all materials used in labs as directed
• Maintaining laboratory equipment and supplies in clean and organized condition
• Identifying and scheduling preventative/corrective maintenance of instrumentation
• Preparing and supervising the preparation of solutions and samples needed for instruction
• Providing guidance for students in lab techniques, methods and procedures
• Developing and implementing laboratory curriculum
• Maintaining associated records (maintenance, compliance, etc.) for laboratory courses
• Teaching courses as needed and assigned by Chair (Anatomy and Physiology)
Candidates must have a Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in a field directly related to biomedical sciences (Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biotechnology), a minimum of 2 years of relevant teaching experience, and the ability to operate within a multifaceted workplace. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The earliest available start date is June 6, 2022.
To apply, please send a single PDF file containing a letter of interest, a current curriculum vita, and the names of three references to Dr. Brad Swiger, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of South Alabama, 5721 USA Drive N., Mobile, AL, 36688. For more information about the Department of Biomedical Sciences at the University of South Alabama, please visit http://www.southalabama.edu/colleges/alliedhealth/biomedical/index.html
The University of South Alabama is an EO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression), religion, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
University of South Alabama, Department of Biomedical SciencesMobile, AL