The President is the chief executive officer of the college and reports directly to the Chancellor of the Alabama Community College System. The President is responsible for business and community engagement, advancement, campus culture, and the student experience. The President is a champion for removing barriers to success through student-focused actions and support of expanded comprehensive services to students. The President is responsible for administering and supervising the total college program in the assigned
college. As chief executive officer, the President must delegate authority and yet retain final responsibility for the effective operation of the college.
1. A minimum of a master’s degree from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university or a bachelor’s degree from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university with demonstrated management experience in the education field is required. Earned doctorate from a nationally or regionally
accredited college or university is desired.
2. Substantial experience in a senior management position in higher education or substantial experience in a senior management position in a field outside of higher education where such experience is deemed relevant to, and provides a basis for judging, the candidate’s capability to serve as a community college president.
3. Demonstrated experience in oral and written communications confirming the ability to effectively research ideas, organize thoughts, and persuade diverse internal and external audiences.
4. Knowledge of the mission and role of public two-year institutions, particularly their important role in community economic development and workforce development is required.
5. Experience in interpreting organizational needs, programs, and activities to the employees, community organizations and agencies, area school systems, the Legislature, and providing services training for business and industry is required.
Please follow this link to review responsibilities, educational philosophy,
personal characteristics, application procedures and the full announcement:
Calhoun Community CollegeDecatur, AL